Pros of buying on itch.io:
- Can use latest version of STM without needing to upgrade Unity.
- You'll get new builds and patches as soon as they're done.
- I get a larger percentage of the cut on itch.io.
- You already have access to the help forums.
Pros of buying on the Unity Asset Store:
- Upgrade directly from Unity if you have the right version of Unity installed. (itch.io version requires dragging in the .unitypackage file)
- You can leave a review on the store page!
Q: What font types are supported?
TrueType Fonts (.ttf) and OpenType Fonts (.otf) are both supported and can be used with Super Text Mesh immediately. Any font that uses Unity's custom fonts work. Signed Distance Field (SDF) fonts are also supported, but they need to be converted first.
Q: How can I attribute you in my game's credits?
You could credit the asset directly with something like this:
ASSETS USEDSuper Text Mesh
Or if you really want to hide that you're using Unity Assets, this could also work:
ADDITIONAL DEVELOPERSKai Clavier
Q: What versions of Unity are supported?
Out of the box, Super Text Mesh works with Unity 5.3.4 and up, as this is the first version on Unity that supported future-safe platform-dependent compilation. It should work in older versions, but the platform-dependent code will need to be edited by hand.